Secondary First is a charity registered in England and Wales (1165614) and a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales (9920657).
The policy which we employ when dealing with any personal information submitted via this website is outlined below. We aim to take every possible measure to protect your information at all times. We will always respect your rights and will only use your information where we have a legal basis to do so.
“We” or “us” in terms of Data Protection, and your information, refers to Secondary First. “Personal Information” refers to all data you enter into this website which identifies you, or which can be considered privileged, including but not limited to your email address.
We may change our Privacy and Security policies from time to time – we are constantly reviewing them to ensure that you are protected to the best of our abilities. Please check this page regularly for any updates and changes.
What information do we collect?
Information may be collected when you use certain components of this website. Our own server – like all web servers – logs your visit including your Internet Protocol (IP) address and date and time of visit. All data is kept within the United Kingdom, and we never share this information with anyone unless compelled to do so by law.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, pages viewed and activity on each page);
- Should you send us an email via the contact form, your name, email address and message will be emailed to us (as you would expect). This information is kept private; your details will not be passed on to any third party. We will store this information within our own email system so that we are able to respond to you. Your details will not be added to our newsletter circulation list unless you stipulate that you would specifically like to receive communication from us on anything other than the initial enquiry you made.
- Should you comment on a blog post on this site, then your name, email address, IP address and message will be stored in our website database (as you would expect). This makes your name, website address and comment (but not your email address) viewable by the general public on the website.
- If you sign up to receive our newsletter, your name and email address will be added to a newsletter system database. You may opt-out of our emails at any time. An ‘unsubscribe’ link is included in all of our email newsletters.
Why we use your information
- You have given us your consent to use the information for a specific purpose such as sending you our newsletter or our fundraising materials and information about the charity.
- We have a legal obligation to use your information, for example to reclaim Gift Aid.
- We need to meet our regulatory requirements as a charity.
- We need to manage our financial transactions and take measures to prevent fraud.
- We need to manage our links with our supporters and volunteers.
How we use your information
- We will use the information you give us when you contact us directly via our website or social media sites to respond to any questions or requests or to send you fundraising materials. We may also keep a record of our contacts with you and any materials we send to you.
- We will use the information you give us to process any donations you make to us, claim any appropriate Gift Aid and maintain a record of your financial subscriptions for our legally required financial records and Gift Aid claims.
- We may use your information to administer any campaigns or competitions you enter and to let you know if you have won a prize.
- We will use your information to provide you with materials for events, fundraising or volunteering activities that you indicate the wish to take part in. We may receive information from event organisers or third party websites including MyDonate and JustGiving to tell us that you are fundraising for Secondary1st.
- When you have contacted us by email, telephone, mobile phone or direct message through social media we will use these methods to contact you and answer your requests.
- You can tell us to change the way in which we contact you or completely stop us from contacting you by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will keep a record of these requests to make sure that we comply with your wishes.
- You can contact us to let us know of any change to the information you have given us.
- If you have told us about your experience of breast cancer we will explain exactly how this information will be used and where it will appear. It will never be used without your fully informed consent.
- We will keep your information for a period not exceeding seven years.
According to the GDPR or General Data Protection Regulations your rights are:
- The right to be informed about the way we handle your personal data.
- The right of access to your personal data held by us.
- The right to rectify your personal data if you think it is inaccurate.
- The right to erase your personal data held by us.
- The right to restrict the way we may process your personal data for example if you dispute the accuracy of the data.
- The right to data portability so you can receive a copy of personal data you have supplied to us or have it transferred to another organisation when processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision-making including profiling.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time if you wish us to cease using your personal data to contact you or send you material including our newsletter by contacting us and informing us of your decision.
- Only collect data directly from an individual.
- Not share details of information given to us with other organisations.
- Only use your information for the purposes of our legitimate interests, namely to further our charitable aims by providing you with the information or products you have requested and agreed to receive.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of our data processing systems.
Subscribe to newsletter
Keep up to date on Secondary1st news and breast cancer research.